- 2 Lizza Toast Squares Carrot Pumpkin
- 2 tbsp Bell Pepper Ginger Spread
- Handful of rocket (arugula) leaves
- For zucchini patty:
- ½ Zucchini
- 2 small carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp flax meal (flaxseed powder)
- 2 tbsp vegan egg substitute
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Slice Lizza Low Carb Toast Squares and grill them on a hot griddle until they’re well toasted.
- Spread Lizza Bell Pepper Ginger Spread on one side of the toast squares. Then half a handful of rocket leaves on top.
- To make zucchini patty, grate zucchini and carrots in a bowl. Sprinkle salt in the bowl and let it sit for 15 minutes so that the salt can draw out the moisture from these veggies.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the grated zucchini and carrot and drain out the excess water.
- Add all other ingredients like chopped parsley, flax meal, flour, egg substitute, salt, pepper, chilli powder and mix well.
- Mould the mixture into patties and grill on both sides to cook evenly.
- To finish the burger, top the slice with bell pepper spread with cooked zucchini patty.
- Add a dollop of bell pepper ginger spread on top of the zucchini patty as well and top the burger with the second side of the toasty.
Tip: You can also spread goat cheese on top of the patty in this burger. Alternatively, add vegan cashew cream.
Nutritional information (per serving): 347 kcal, 16g carbs, 29g fats, 21g protein, 8g sugar, 16g fibre.