- For the pistachio cream
- 100 g shelled pistachios
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Avocado or canola oil if needed
- For the streusel:
- 30g Lizza Muesli Red Berry
- 10g melted margarine
- 10g Lizza Sweet Baking Mix
- For the sandwich
- 1 Lizza Toast Square
- 25 g pistachio cream
- Fresh berries, for topping
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- To make the pistachio cream; place the pistachios in a food processor and process until crumbly.
- Add lemon juice and continue processing for 8 -9 minutes or until smooth. Stop the processor as needed to scrape down the sides. If needed add a splash of oil.
- To make the streusel; combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Spread the pistachio cream over Toast Square and sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake the Toast Square for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh berries.
Tip: Try replacing the streusel and berries with a mix of nuts and seeds to enjoy a savoury version of this sandwich.