- 100g Lizza Rustic Bread Baking Mix
- 80ml water
- ¾ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 300g of mixed mushrooms
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup vegan cream
- 1 cup veggie stock
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven at 200°C (top/bottom heat) and place an oven dish filled with water (approx. 100ml) on the bottom. Leave the dish in the oven for the entire process.
- Add 100ml of tap water and ¾ tbsp of apple cider vinegar to the baking mixture. Knead thoroughly for approximately 2 minutes by hand or by using a mixer with a dough hook.
- Since the bread doesn’t rise very much in the oven, feel free to mould it into your preferred final shape. If necessary, smooth the surface with a little water.
- Place the bread on a piece of baking paper in the middle oven rack. Bake at 200°C for 55 minutes. For a crispy crust, increase the temperature to 220°C after 40 minutes.
- Let the bread cool before cutting it into croutons.
- Cut garlic cloves from the top and drizzle olive oil and then wrap an aluminium foil or baking sheet on it. Roast it in the oven at 200°C for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add diced onions and celery for sauté for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute till they are golden brown. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Add veg stock, cream and the roasted garlic in the pot and let it boil on medium low heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender to pulse until smooth.
- Garnish with Lizza Rustic bread croutons and serve hot.
Nutritional information (per serving): 368 kcal, 27g carbs, 23g fats, 10g protein, 5g sugar, 8g fibre.