- 90g Lizza Rigatoni pasta
- 10g Olive oil
- 45g onion, chopped
- 6g garlic, minced
- 50g mushrooms, chopped
- 100g canned crushed or chopped tomatoes
- 16g tomato paste
- 1-2g or 1 tsp Italian dry herbs
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 5g grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Cook Lizza Rigatoni pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, heat olive oil. Sauté onions until they are translucent. Add garlic and sauté for one more minute.
- Next, add and cook mushrooms over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Then add tomato paste and cook that for a minute. Add 2-3 tablespoons of pasta water to improve the consistency and deglaze the pan.
- Stir in the canned chopped tomatoes and heat to a gentle simmer. If you need to thin out the sauce with a bit more pasta water, do so.
- Season the sauce with salt, black pepper, and Italian dry herbs. Make sure to taste the sauce before adding salt, as the sauce already has salted pasta water.
- Stir in the cooked rigatoni. Cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and top with some fresh basil.
Nutritional information (per serving): 240 kcal, 25g carbs, 8g fats, 13g protein, 4g sugar, 8g fibre.