- For hazelnuts:
- 50 g hazelnuts
- 15 g vegan butter or margarine
- 30 g erythritol
- 1 small pinch of salt
- For the pasta:
- 250 g Lizza Pasta
- 200 ml Lizza Ratatouille Sauce
- 100g red bell pepper
- olive oil, as needed
- few drops liquid smoke, optional but gives really nice flavor
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- First, roast the bell peppers. Drizzle olive oil and a bit of liquid smoke over the peppers. Roast the peppers in the oven at 200°C for 25-30 minutes. Remove the seeds, peel the peppers and set them aside.
- To make the hazelnuts, in a saucepot over medium/high heat, combine butter and erythritol. Cook until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Add hazelnuts and stir to coat them. Transfer the hazelnuts on a cutting board covered with parchment paper. Once cooled, chop them.
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the packaging.
- Drain the pasta and combine with ratatouille sauce.
- Slice the bell peppers and add them into the pasta.
- Top the pasta with caramelized hazelnuts and serve.