- 1 Lizza Low Carb Bread Mix
- Oregano to taste
- 300 ml sparkling water
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 g cheese (e.g. Gouda)
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Add oregano to the Lizza Bread Mix. Pour in 300 ml of sparkling water and knead well, shape into a loaf of bread. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C top & bottom heat.
- Bake the bread for 15 minutes on the wire rack with baking paper. Then reduce the temperature to 210°C and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Let the bread cool completely. Wash the parsley, dry and place the plucked leaves in a tall mixing glass. Add olive oil and lemon juice and puree everything finely with a hand blender. Season to taste with salt. Cut 80 g cheese into thin slices, finely grate the remaining 20 g.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C top / bottom heat.
- Cut ⅔ the bread surface in a cross shape up to 1.5 cm from the bottom. Distribute the herb pesto and the cheese slices in the grooves. Scatter the grated cheese on top.
- Bake the Lizza Bread in the oven for 15-18 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Vegan option: Use vegan egg substitute (e.g. chickpea water) and vegan cheese.