- 2 Lizza Toast Squares Tomato Rosemary
- 2 tbsp Lizza Pesto Basil Olive
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Tomato Aioli:
- 2 tbsp Lizza Pesto Tomato Cashew
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sunflower mince patty:
- 76g Sunflower Mince
- 150ml water
- 2 tbsp vegan egg substitute
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 onion, diced + 2 thin onion rings
- 1 small beetroot, grated
- 1 small potato, grated or 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp chilli pepper powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Slice Lizza Low Carb Toasties and grill them on a hot griddle until they’re well toasted.
- Spread Lizza Bio Pesto Basil Olive on one side of the toasties.
- To make sunflower patty, wet the sunflower mince with water and wait a moment. Mix in all ingredients listed under sunflower mince patty and Italian seasoning carefully. Add water if necessary as the patty shouldn't get too dry.
- Fry the patties one after the other in a hot pan or griddle.
- Top the slice with basil olive pesto with cooked sunflower mince patty and arrange onion rings on top.
- Spread tomato aioli which is made by mixing Lizza pesto tomato cashew, vegan mayonnaise and garlic powder on top and garnish with fresh basil leaves followed by a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper.
Tip: Spread mascarpone cheese for a more creamy feel to this Italian burger. Alternatively, spread a vegan mascarpone by combining soaked cashews, coconut cream, lemon juice and salt.
Nutritional information (per serving): 395 kcal, 10g carbs, 32g fats, 25g protein, 5g sugar, 15g fibre.