- 100g Lizza Bun Baking Mix
- 120ml sparkling water
- 2 tbsp Lizza Pesto Basil Olive
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 40g butter*
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Mix Lizza Low Carb Bun baking mixture with sparkling water and knead thoroughly. Form a thin loaf or baguette and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 240°C top/bottom heat. Place the bread loaf on greaseproof paper on an oven rack and bake for 15 minutes.
Then reduce the temperature to 210°C and continue baking for another 50 minutes.
- Let the bread cool down completely.
- In a bowl, add softened butter, crushed garlic, chopped basil leaves, Lizza pesto, salt, black pepper powder and combine well.
- On the bread slices, spread the mix evenly, cover with foil and cook for 10-15 minutes on the griddle. Unwrap and serve.
Tip: To make this dish plant based, replace butter with vegan margarine.
Nutritional information (per serving): 265 kcal, 8g carbs, 20g fats, 10g protein, 2g sugar, 9g fibre.