This simple but creamy and delicious pasta recipe is quick and easy to make, indulgent and full of flavour, but also healthy, gluten free, and vegan.
When made using Lizza Spaghetti you know you’re also getting an extra boost of fibre and protein, too!
This recipe calls for light coconut milk (or plant-based milk), but you can use full-fat coconut milk. You’ll just need to ensure that you water it down a little, so it is not as thick going into the recipe.
Creamy Vegan Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 170g Lizza Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 180ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 180ml light coconut milk or creamy unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the spaghetti. Cook until al dente.
- Heat the olive oil in a separate deep pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the garlic and chilli flakes (if using) and stir for 1 minute.
- Whisk the vegetable stock, soy sauce, and flour in a mixing bowl until smooth and there are no clumps of flour.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the onions and garlic and whisk again to mix it all together and the sauce begins to thicken – this should happen quickly.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the coconut or plant-based milk, tahini, nutritional yeast, paprika, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and become nice and creamy.
- Stir in the mustard, season more (if necessary), reduce the heat to low and add the cooked spaghetti, ensuring the pasta is fully coated in the creamy sauce.
- Serve the spaghetti with the creamy sauce and sprinkle some vegan parmesan on top, if desired.