Feeling Christmassy yet? Why not turn a family favourite festive? Whether you want to bring a little festive fun to the dinner table for the kids, are planning a Christmas party and want to create some Christmassy dishes, or just fancy making your pizza a little more fun, making a Christmas tree pizza is a great idea!
We’ve included a recipe below with pizza toppings that can help make it look more like a Christmas tree, but you can top yours with your favourite pizza toppings – however you like. If you want to put your own spin on the recipe below, simply follow the instructions for making the Christmas tree shape and then go wild with the rest!
The process for creating a Christmas tree shaped pizza is incredibly simple using our Pizza base and it also has the added benefit of being able to make your pizza gluten free, low carb, vegan, and high in protein!
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Cut the pizza base into the shape of a Christmas tree using a sharp knife, saving the offcuts.
- Place the Christmas tree pizza shape onto a baking tray and spread the tomato sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place the rest of the ingredients (minus the rocket leaves) on the tree to represent baubles and other decorations.
- Cut a star out of one of the offcuts and place at the top of the tree.
- Cut the remaining offcuts into long strips and spread the pesto over them.
- Twist and wrap the pesto covered strips over the tree to represent the tinsel.
- If there are any remaining offcuts, these can be cut into other shapes to decorate the tree too.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven or until the cheese has melted nicely.
- Place the rocket leaves onto the cooked pizza to represent the leaves of the tree.