- 250g Lizza Onion Bread Baking Mix
- 300ml sparkling water
- 1 tbsp BBQ spice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 Cheddar Cheese slices
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- For the sunflower mince patty:
- 76g Sunflower Mince
- 150ml water
- 2 tbsp vegan egg substitute
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp BBQ spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp chilli pepper powder
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Mix Lizza Low Carb Onion Bread baking mixture with sparkling water and knead thoroughly. Form a bread in a flat rectangular manner so that you cut dinner roll style bread from it and let it rest for 15 minutes. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 240°C top/bottom heat. Place the bread loaf on greaseproof paper on an oven rack and bake for 15 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 210° C and continue baking for another 40 minutes. Let the bread cool down completely.
- Wet the sunflower mince with water and wait a moment. Mix in all ingredients listed under sunflower mince. Add water if necessary as the patty shouldn't get too dry.
- Fry the mince on a hot pan or griddle to make a big rectangular patty the same size of the bread. It’s okay if it falls apart.
- Cut the bread in half. Line the bottom part of the bread with cheddar cheese slices. Spread sunflower mince on top. Mix mayonnaise with BBQ spice to make BBQ dressing and brush it on top of the sunflower mince.
- Add another layer of cheddar cheese slices and top the bread. Cut it side down into fours. Bake for another 10 minutes at 180° C or until the cheese is melted.
Tip: To make this vegan, replace cheese with vegan cheese and mayo with vegan mayo.
Nutritional information (per serving): 267 kcal, 8g carbs, 15g fats, 22g protein, 3g sugar, 13g fibre.